At this degree, few energy feats Heather Connor achieves within the gymnasium would surprise somebody who’s paid consideration to her occupation. But, someway, a contemporary elevate within the gymnasium even looked as if it would marvel the two-time World Powerlifting Federation (IPF) 47KG Global Champion (2017, 2019).
On Might 21, 2022, Connor deadlifted 195 kilograms (429 kilos) whilst dressed in only a lifting belt all the way through a coaching consultation. In keeping with the caption of Connor’s Instagram publish, the pull is her heaviest ever in a pre-competition section. Connor will participate within the upcoming 2022 IPF Global Vintage Powerlifting Championships on June 6-12, 2022, in Solar Town, South Africa.
Take a look at the deadlift this is 4.thrice Connor’s body weight of 45 kilograms (99 kilos) underneath, by way of her Instagram profile:
Particularly, the 195-kilogram (429-pound) pull is in reality Connor’s second-heaviest deadlift ever — in coaching or sanctioned competitors. The powerlifter’s heaviest deadlift got here in coaching on December 31, 2020, when she lifted 200 kilograms (440 kilos).
“Heaviest I’ve pulled sooner than a contest, no longer unhealthy after touring virtually 16 hours the day prior,”
In the meantime, Connor’s best-ever deadlift in a contest is 192.5 kilograms (424.4 kilos) from each the 2021 Eire-UA ABS Professional and the 2021 USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Uncooked Nationals. That determine provides Connor the present American report within the 48-kilogram weight elegance.
Connor in Context
Connor has made a reputation for herself within the energy sports activities global together with her deadlift prowess. The American athlete is the present proprietor of the IPF 47-kilogram deadlift Global Report, because of a pull of 176 kilograms (388 kilos) from the 2019 IPF Global Vintage Powerlifting Championships.
Right here’s a rundown of each and every of Connor’s best-ever marks in competitions:
Heather Connor | Most sensible Raise Stats
- Squat (Uncooked) — 143 kilograms (315.2 kilos)
- Bench Press (Uncooked) — 165.3 kilograms (364.4 kilos)
- Deadlift (Uncooked) — 192.5 kilograms (424.4 kilos) | American Report
- Overall (Uncooked) — 410 kilograms (903.9 kilos)
Whilst her two IPF Global Championships are some noteworthy peaks, they’re no longer all Connor can level to in terms of stellar finishes. Listed below are a few of Connor’s standout effects from her occupation:
Heather Connor | Notable Profession Effects
- 2014 USAPL Fall Pageant of Energy (Uncooked) — First position | Juniors
- 2015 USAPL Fight at the Border IX (Uncooked) — First position | Juniors
- 2015 USAPL Uncooked Nationals (Uncooked) — 2nd position | Open
- 2016 North American Powerlifting Federation (NAPF) Arnolds StartingStrength.com Professional Uncooked Problem (Uncooked) — First position | Open
- 2016 IPF Global Vintage Powerlifting Championships (Uncooked) — 2nd position | Open
- 2016, 2018-2019, 2021 USAPL Uncooked Nationals (Uncooked) — First position | Open
- 2017, 2019 IPF Global Vintage Powerlifting Championships (Uncooked) — First position | Open
- 2020 USAPL Palmetto Vintage (Uncooked) — First position | Open
- 2022 AMP Vintage Open Nationals (Uncooked) — First position | Open
The IPF Worlds Are Subsequent
Connor will quickly take her spectacular deadlift energy to a proper lifting platform. After a two-year absence from the contest, she’ll function within the 2022 IPF Global Vintage Powerlifting Championships on June 6-12, 2022, in Solar Town, South Africa. If all is going consistent with plan, she would possibly smartly even lengthen the present IPF Global Report.
Featured symbol: @heather.e.connor on Instagram