France is known for scrumptious wine, beautiful positive artwork and museums, and, in fact — prolific powerlifters. On Might 14-16 on the 2022 Fédération Française de Drive (FFForce) Nationals, Samantha Eugenie (63KG) confirmed she may sign up for the esteemed corporate of her fellow countrywomen Prescillia Bavoil and Tiffany Chapon.
Right through the meet, Eugenie captured 4 separate Junior Nationwide Data with a 182.5-kilogram (402.5-pound) squat, a 102.5-kilogram (226-pound) bench press, a 215-kilogram (474-pound) deadlift, and a 500-kilogram (1,102.5-pound) overall. The French athlete wore a lifting belt and wrist wraps for her squat, and simply wrist wraps and a belt for her bench press and deadlift, respectively.
Whilst unofficial as it didn’t happen all through a global festival, Eugenie additionally exceeded the energetic World Powerlifting Federation (IPF) Junior Global File together with her deadlift through 5 kilos. Chiara Bernardi nonetheless holds the present determine with a 210-kilogram (463-pound) deadlift from the 2021 IPF Global Vintage Powerlifting Championships.
“Wow, I’m so glad, festival PR plus 50 kilograms. Laborious paintings paid off.”
Right here’s an entire rundown of each and every of Eugenie’s stats from the meet:
Samantha Eugenie (63KG) | 2022 FFForce Nationals Elevate Stats
- Squat — 182.5 kilograms (402.5 kilos) | French Junior Nationwide File
- Bench Press — 102.5 kilograms (226 kilos) | French Junior Nationwide File
- Deadlift — 215 kilograms (474 kilos) | French Junior Nationwide File | Unofficial IPF Junior Global File
- Overall — 500 kilograms (1,102.5 kilos) | French Junior Nationwide File
The full efficiency marks Eugenie’s first time totaling a minimum of 500 kilograms (1,102.3 kilos) in a complete energy meet. That follows her contemporary coaching output the place she if truth be told matched Bernardi’s Junior Global File deadlift in early Might 2022. Eugenie additionally prior to now attained that deadlift mark in a February 2020 coaching consultation, when she used to be most effective 17-years-old. All that may well be left for Eugenie to do now could be to make the brand new document legitimate on a global lifting platform.
Since starting her profession in overdue 2018, Eugenie has constructed moderately a resume as a aggressive powerlifter. Amid 9 sanctioned meets, Eugenie has are available first position seven instances, with some other second-place end.
In line with Open Powerlifting, listed here are a few of Eugenie’s extra notable profession effects:
Samantha Eugenie (63KG)| Notable Profession Effects
- *2018 FFForce Premier Pas FA PL DC BP Grand Est (Sub-Juniors) — First position | Vintage
- 2018 FFForce Départemental FA PL DC BP Grand Est (Sub-Juniors) — First position | Vintage
- 2019 FFForce Eliminatoires Jean Villenave Grand Est (Open) — First position | Vintage
- 2019 IPF Global Vintage Powerlifting Championships (Sub-Juniors) — First position | Vintage
- 2019 Eu Powerlifting Federation (EPF) Eu Vintage Championships (Sub-Juniors) — First position | Vintage
- 2021 FFForce Championnats de France Jeunes et Élite de Drive Athlétique (Juniors) — First position | Vintage
- 2022 FFForce Championnats de France Jeunes de Drive Athlétique (Juniors) — First position | Vintage
*Word: Eugenie competed within the 76-kilogram weight magnificence all through this festival
In essence, together with her exhausting paintings and determination at a tender age, it kind of feels this kind of dominant output used to be virtually inevitable.
At the Horizon
Eugenie’s doubtlessly exceptional summer season isn’t over. She is going to compete on the IPF Junior Global Championships on June 6-12, 2022, in Solar Town, South Africa. She can be a most sensible contender to take house the Juniors identify for the 63-kilogram weight magnificence. If her contemporary efficiency on the French Nationals hints at any long term greatness, that may be a protected guess.
Featured symbol: @coeurlymonster on Instagram