This publish would possibly include associate hyperlinks, which lend a hand stay this content material unfastened. (Complete disclosure)
Is there anything else higher than a scrumptious, bakery-style keto blueberry desserts recipe? That’s a certain no. I created those low carb paleo blueberry desserts with almond flour as a tribute to those I used to like. And, dare I say it, those simple keto desserts are simply as just right.
Ahead of I went low carb and gluten-free, they have been more than likely my favourite merchandise ever to get from a espresso store or bakery. I’d even faux that they have been wholesome blueberry desserts, simply because that they had blueberries in them. Ha.
The excellent news is, it’s really easy to make your individual keto paleo blueberry desserts — no sugar crash wanted!
So pass forward, make a large batch of this keto muffin recipe with almond flour and seize them to move for a very easy low carb breakfast all week lengthy. My favourite strategy to experience those low carb blueberry desserts is with a steaming cup of keto espresso.
Why You’ll Love This Keto Muffin Recipe
- Subtle vanilla taste with a touch of almond and juicy blueberries
- Wet, delicate texture
- Simple to make in a single bowl
- Able in half-hour
- Simply 3 grams web carbs each and every — nice for a keto vitamin!
Substances You’ll Want
This phase explains how to make a choice the most efficient components for keto blueberry desserts, what each and every one does within the recipe, and substitution choices. For measurements, see the recipe card underneath.
- Healthy Yum Blanched Almond Flour – The flour high quality you employ makes an enormous distinction finally end result! The use of one who’s too coarse, or an almond meal, will lead to gritty desserts. Healthy Yum Almond Flour has the best texture available in the market, for the most efficient keto blueberry desserts. If you wish to use a unique flour, see the phase on substitutions underneath.
- Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Mix – That is my sweetener of selection for all my keto baking recipes, and for just right reason why: It’s the one one that may create a perfect wet texture, has no aftertaste, and doesn’t crystallize when storing … all with 0 web carbs. I up to now used erythritol for this recipe, however Besti creates a significantly better end result. In the event you nonetheless need to use one thing else, see the substitutions phase underneath for choices.
- Baking Powder – Is helping the low carb desserts upward push. I really like this logo, which is non-GMO. Be sure to use baking powder, no longer baking soda — they aren’t the similar.
- Sea Salt – Balances out the wonder. Not obligatory, however advisable.
- Coconut Oil – This makes it a paleo blueberry desserts recipe, because it’s dairy-free. But when that’s no longer necessary to you, unsalted grass-fed butter works simply as smartly and offers a scrumptious butter-y taste to those low carb blueberry desserts. I in truth like it somewhat over the coconut oil, however I put coconut oil because the default component since some other folks don’t believe butter paleo.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk – Thins out the batter. You’ll use any keto milk choice right here, comparable to coconut milk beverage (the liquid type in a carton, no longer the thick type in a can), hemp milk, or watered down heavy cream. I really like to make use of my very own do-it-yourself almond milk when I am getting the danger. Common dairy milk will paintings from a recipe point of view, however will building up the carbs, since lactose is sugar. No matter milk you employ, ensure it’s at room temperature, in order that it doesn’t solidify the coconut oil or butter whilst you upload the milk.
- Eggs – Use entire, massive eggs. Flax eggs would possibly paintings instead, however I haven’t attempted to substantiate. Let me know within the feedback underneath in case you do!
- Vanilla Extract – For taste. You’ll additionally replace different extracts in case you like.
- Blueberries – This keto blueberry muffin recipe is written the usage of recent blueberries, however you’ll be able to completely use frozen if that’s what you have got. If the usage of frozen blueberries, don’t thaw them first. Simply use them totally frozen proper within the recipe. Your desserts will likely be soggy in case you thaw them first!
How To Make Keto Blueberry Cakes From Scratch
This phase displays how you can make low carb blueberry desserts, with step by step footage and information about the methodology. For complete directions, see the recipe card underneath.
The method to make paleo blueberry desserts is fast and simple. So long as you measure your components and bake them for the correct amount of time, those are beautiful tricky to reduce to rubble. There are mainly simply 4 steps from begin to end! And, it’s a one-bowl procedure to make the batter.
Right here’s how you can make keto desserts with almond flour:
- Combine dry components. In a big bowl, stir in combination the almond flour, Besti, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Upload rainy components. Combine within the melted coconut oil, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Fold within the blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups. Switch the batter to a muffin tin coated with parchment liners or silicone liners. You’ll wish to make a decision if you wish to make 10 or 12 desserts out of it. The image underneath is how complete to fill them in case you’re making 10.
- Bake. Position the almond flour blueberry desserts within the oven and bake till the tops are golden and an inserted toothpick comes out blank. They’ll nonetheless be beautiful cushy to touch, however will company up as they cool.
Guidelines For The Easiest Almond Flour Cakes
u003c!u002du002d wp:paragraph u002du002du003ernu003culu003ern tu003cliu003eu003cstrongu003eUse high quality components.u003c/strongu003e u003ca href=u0022https://www.wholesomeyumfoods.com/store/flours/almond-flour/u0022 goal=u0022_blanku0022 rel=u0022noopeneru0022u003eThis almond flouru003c/au003e and u003ca href=u0022https://www.wholesomeyumfoods.com/store/sweeteners/monk-fruit/monk-fruit-allulose-blend/u0022 goal=u0022_blanku0022 rel=u0022noopeneru0022u003ethis sweeteneru003c/au003e make the most efficient effects.u003c/liu003ern tu003cliu003eu003cstrongu003eExpect a thick batter.u003c/strongu003e It’ll be just a little thicker than standard muffin batter u002du002d that is customary.u003c/liu003ern tu003cliu003eu003cstrongu003eMake 10 desserts for larger muffin tops or 12 to stretch the diet.u003c/strongu003e The recipe makes ten full-size keto blueberry desserts as pictured. If you wish to have them to have muffin tops that overflow so much, the way in which they do at a bakery, that is the quantity to make. But when you wish to have fewer energy and carbs in line with muffin, merely divide the batter amongst twelve muffin cups as a substitute of ten. Since those are gluten-free blueberry desserts with almond flour, they’re beautiful filling although you stretch the batter to 12 keto desserts.u003c/liu003ern tu003cliu003eu003cstrongu003eReserve some berries for the tops.u003c/strongu003e If you wish to have blueberries protruding of the highest like my footage, you’ll be able to dot the tops with some additional berries, or don’t put they all into the batter and position the remainder on best.u003c/liu003ernu003c/ulu003e
Low carb blueberry desserts are probably the most vintage selection, however this elementary keto muffin recipe may be very flexible and simple to customise. Check out a few of these diversifications:
- Change the berries – Be at liberty to make those into strawberry, raspberry, and even blackberry keto desserts. In the event you use any berries rather than blueberry, I like to recommend cutting them into smaller items first, very similar to the scale of blueberries.
- Use other extracts – Vanilla extract is the vintage selection, however you’ll be able to additionally use maple, almond, and even banana extract relying at the taste combo you’re going for. The latter is what I did for my keto banana muffin recipe, which is in keeping with this one.
- Lemon – A pair teaspoons of lemon zest praise the blueberries. You want to check out as much as a tablespoon of lemon juice as a substitute, however the taste gained’t be as sturdy, and including extra would possibly make the batter too runny.
- Nuts – Chopped walnuts, pecans, or every other keto nuts make a pleasing addition.
- Chocolate chips – Upload sugar-free chocolate chips, like I do for keto chocolate chip desserts.
- Mini desserts – Make the similar low carb muffin recipe in a mini muffin tin. You’ll get a bigger amount of smaller servings that manner (20-24 of them, relying on how prime you fill the cups). Remember to cut back the baking time (about quarter-hour), even though, as they’ll be performed quicker.
Making a low carb blueberry desserts recipe isn’t too onerous, however my requirements have been prime. They needed to be wet, with an actual muffin-like crumb, however no aftertaste or dense, heavy really feel. I already lined substitution choices for the milk, eggs, and coconut oil within the components phase above, however right here we’ll dive just a little deeper into other flours and sweeteners.
There are a number of flour choices when opting for a recipe for paleo blueberry desserts. I’m going to percentage why I selected what I used, what substitutes will paintings smartly, and which of them gained’t.
- Almond flour – So long as you don’t have a nut hypersensitivity, almond flour blueberry desserts are truly the most suitable option from a style and texture viewpoint. Since I sought after extremely wet blueberry desserts that style like the true factor, I opted to make use of blanched almond flour. (It’s additionally scrumptious in lots of different almond flour recipes!)
TIP: All the time get blanched almond flour as a substitute of almond meal.
The finer texture gets you the sophisticated crumb you are expecting from desserts. In the event you use almond meal, this paleo muffin recipe will nonetheless paintings, however could have a lot more of a u0022healthy multi-grainu0022 style and texture. They are going to even be extra grainy.
- Different nut flours, comparable to macadamia nut flour – The feel of different nut flours isn’t as positive, however is the most efficient substitution if you’ll be able to tolerate different nuts.
- If all nuts are out, sunflower seed meal will have to paintings – That is simply floor sunflower seeds, via the way in which. The desserts would possibly flip inexperienced, so don’t be alarmed if that occurs — it’s only a response with the baking powder and is fit for human consumption.
Listed here are a couple of flour substitutions that don’t paintings smartly for this low carb muffin recipe:
- Coconut flour – Sorry, coconut flour won’t paintings on this recipe, as it’s extra dense and dry. However, you’ll be able to make coconut flour blueberry desserts as a substitute if that’s what you wish to have to make use of.
- Flaxseed meal – The use of it by myself truly gained’t style in any respect relatively like an actual blueberry muffin. It may be just a little slimy when used as a flour by itself.
- Cassava, arrowroot, or tapioca flour – Those flours are very starchy, so don’t seem to be appropriate for keto pleasant blueberry desserts.
- Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Mix – As discussed above, that is what you can use if you wish to have the most efficient keto desserts. It is helping lock in moisture, doesn’t crystallize, and has no aftertaste or cooling impact that the majority different sugar substitutes have.
- Different granulated sweeteners – In the event you nonetheless need to use one thing rather than Besti, you’ll be able to use my sweetener conversion chart right here to replace others. Simply take note that you’re going to want one thing having equivalent quantity, so for instance, concentrated natural powdered or liquid stevia gained’t paintings really well. (A stevia mix will paintings simply positive if you wish to use that.)
- Coconut Sugar – For any individual in need of paleo blueberry desserts with out a sugar alcohol sweetener, coconut sugar will paintings nice. I wouldn’t suggest maple syrup or honey; since those are liquid, you’d wish to make different changes on this case.
How To Retailer Keto Cakes With Almond Flour
Since almond flour blueberry desserts have recent blueberries and no preservatives, they won’t remaining so long as retailer purchased ones. They’re positive at the counter for a few days, however past that, retailer them within the refrigerator for as much as per week.
TIP: Keep away from storing keto desserts in plastic luggage or plastic wrap.
Doing so can lead them to get soggy.
If you want to make this low carb muffin recipe last more, simply freeze them.
Can You Freeze Paleo Blueberry Cakes?
Sure, this keto muffin recipe freezes exceptionally smartly! They’ll last as long as 4-6 months within the freezer.
To thaw, you’ll be able to position the almond flour desserts within the refrigerator or at the counter, and even reheat them from frozen. You’ll reheat within the oven or microwave. They’re so wet that they don’t dry out simply.
TIP: For a freshly baked style after freezing, upload just a little of butter on best first and reheat within the oven.
Extra Keto Dessert Recipes
In the event you like this keto blueberry desserts recipe, listed below are extra reader favorites to take a look at:
- Low Carb Keto Cheesecake – The preferred dessert in this website! This may occasionally convert any individual wondering if keto meals is just right.
- Coconut Macaroons – Tremendous simple with only some components.
- Fudgy Keto Brownies – The very best brownie recipe in each manner. It’s simple and tastes like the true factor.
- Almond Flour Keto Shortbread Cookies – Simplest 4 components!
- Keto Chaffles – Now not completely dessert, however those have won the sort of cult following through the years and may also be made candy. To find out what they’re, and how you can make dessert flavored chaffles, like cinnamon churro or pumpkin spice.
To find much more low carb dessert recipes right here!
Extra Keto Muffin Recipes
In the event you like this keto paleo blueberry muffin recipe, you’ll love those different low carb muffin recipes:
Reader Favourite Recipes
The recipe card is underneath! Readers that made this additionally seen those recipes:
This reader favourite recipe is integrated in The Healthy Yum Simple Keto Cookbook! Order your reproduction to get 100 simple keto recipes in an exquisite print hardcover e-book, together with 80 unique recipes no longer discovered anyplace else (no longer even this weblog!), my entire fathead dough information, the primer for beginning keto, and a lot more.
Low Carb Keto Blueberry Cakes With Almond Flour
Extremely wet almond flour blueberry desserts from scratch are fast and simple, with 3g web carbs each and every! This low carb keto blueberry desserts recipe takes simply half-hour.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook dinner: 20 mins
General: 30 mins
Servings: 12 (regulate to scale recipe)
Faucet at the symbol underneath to look at the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for wholesome recipes weekly! (Click on the bell icon to be notified after I publish a brand new video.)
Faucet underlined components to look the place to get them. Please flip Safari reader mode OFF to view components.
Faucet at the occasions within the directions underneath to begin a kitchen timer when you prepare dinner.
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F (177 levels C). Line a muffin pan with 10 or 12 silicone or parchment paper muffin liners. (Use 12 for decrease energy/carbs, or 10 for better muffin tops.)
In a big bowl, stir in combination the almond flour, Besti, baking powder and sea salt.
Combine within the melted coconut oil, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Fold within the blueberries.
Distribute the batter lightly a number of the muffin cups. Bake for roughly 20-25 mins, till the highest is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out blank.
Quantity in line with serving. Serving length in recipe notes above.
General Carbs 6g
Web Carbs 3g
Vitamin details are equipped as a courtesy. Have questions on calculations or why you were given a unique end result? Please see our diet coverage.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Healthy Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or web sites. We’d LOVE so that you can percentage a hyperlink with picture as a substitute. 🙂