This put up might include associate hyperlinks, which assist stay this content material unfastened. (Complete disclosure)
As a breakfast-all-day roughly woman, selecting a favourite low carb breakfast meals could be no simple job. My timeless love for each eggs and pancakes has only one requirement for each: the fluffier, the easier! With that during thoughts, making an all-purpose low carb keto pancakes recipe used to be on my checklist for moderately a while — and right here it’s. In case you want a keto pancake combine, that’s now to be had right here, too!
I made almond flour pancakes and coconut flour pancakes one at a time first, either one of that are scrumptious, however then it dawned on me: I really like combining almond flour and coconut flour in low carb dessert recipes, so why no longer make a keto pancake recipe with almond flour and coconut flour, too?! Positive sufficient, doing this ended in an stepped forward texture. They simply may well be my highest keto low carb pancakes ever.
This low carb pancake recipe has been so well-liked over time that I incorporated it in my Simple Keto Carboholics’ Cookbook. It’s stuffed with 100 simple recipes to make your favourite carb-filled meals keto-friendly — together with bread, pizza, pasta, potatoes, rice, and (sure!) even pancakes.
However if you wish to get the similar fluffy effects, you should definitely use Healthy Yum Blanched Almond Flour and Healthy Yum Coconut Flour on your home made keto pancake combine. Those have the best consistency and the best moisture stage, which is so essential to get the best texture.
Why You’ll Love This Keto Pancake Recipe
- Fluffy texture
- Somewhat candy taste with a touch of vanilla
- The nearest to actual pancakes that I’ve attempted
- Best 7 components
- Fast and simple to make (prep takes a couple of mins)
- Simply 6 grams overall carbohydrates and three grams internet carbs in step with serving — highest for a keto nutrition plan!
- Low carb, keto-friendly, grain-free, and paleo
Substances For Keto Pancakes
This segment explains how to select the most productive components for low carb pancakes, what each and every one does within the recipe, and substitution choices. For measurements, see the recipe card beneath.
The Dry Keto Pancake Combine:
- Healthy Yum Blanched Almond Flour – The most important for a super texture for your keto pancakes! The Healthy Yum emblem is only one element (100% California almonds), and it’s tremendous advantageous (the best grind in the market!) and blanched. Many different manufacturers are coarser and will yield a gritty outcome.
- Healthy Yum Coconut Flour – Tremendous finely flooring and natural. Remember that other manufacturers can soak up moisture otherwise, so your batter consistency can range in case you use a distinct emblem.
- Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Mix – A pair tablespoons provides mild sweetness, no longer an excessive amount of. (In fact, be happy to regulate the sweetener quantity relying on how candy you favor your keto pancakes.) I like to recommend the usage of Besti over different sweeteners, as it locks in moisture and is helping make your low carb pancakes extra fluffy. It additionally tastes identical to sugar, is 100% herbal, and has 0 internet carbs. On the other hand, different keto sweeteners would additionally paintings. For paleo pancakes, you’ll nonetheless use Besti if you’re ok with monk fruit and allulose, or sub coconut sugar.
- Baking Powder – Supplies elevate; make sure that it’s recent in order that it really works successfully. I love this emblem which is non-GMO.
- Sea Salt – Non-compulsory, however really useful for balancing the flavors.
The Rainy Substances:
- Eggs – Use entire, huge eggs. Those assist supply leavening and hang the keto-friendly pancakes in combination. Flax eggs are a commonplace egg replace, however I haven’t attempted that; perhaps, the pancakes might be denser and extra at risk of falling aside if the usage of flax eggs, so mini pancakes would paintings highest if the usage of the ones.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk – You’ll use any keto milk of your selection right here, comparable to coconut milk beverage (the liquid sort in a carton, no longer the thick sort in a can) or watered down heavy cream.
- Avocado Oil – I want avocado oil, however any impartial tasting oil this is liquid at room temperature must paintings, comparable to mild olive oil. Don’t use further virgin avocado or olive oil; it must be nearly transparent, no longer darkish.
- Vanilla Extract – Non-compulsory, however really useful for taste. You’ll additionally combine it up with different extracts, comparable to banana or maple. (You’ll additionally take a look at my keto banana pancakes in case you like that taste.)
- Oil For Frying – You’ll use the similar avocado oil used within the batter to stay the element rely low, or use ghee for higher taste. Coconut oil or avocado oil spray also are advantageous to make use of. I don’t suggest the usage of butter, which is able to burn simply.
SHORTCUT: Use my keto pancake combine!
This keto pancake recipe used to be so well-liked that I made it right into a handy keto pancake combine! Simply upload eggs, oil, and milk of your selection.
How To Make Keto Pancakes
This segment displays make low carb pancakes, with step by step pictures and information about the methodology. For complete directions, see the recipe card beneath.
- Combine batter. Whisk all components in combination in a big bowl, till easy. (It’s no longer important to combine the dry components first, the whole thing in combination is ok.) In case you want, you’ll mix the components in a blender as a substitute.
TIP: Batter must be the consistency of conventional pancake batter.
If it’s too thick, upload a bit of extra milk. Don’t upload an excessive amount of, or the pancakes might be too “rainy”.
- Cook dinner. Preheat a big, oiled, non-stick pan at the range over medium-low to medium warmth. Drop the batter onto the new pan and shape into circles. Quilt with a lid (that is essential to cause them to simple to turn!) and cook dinner till bubbles begin to shape at the edges. Turn and cook dinner, exposed this time, till browned at the different facet. Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
TIP: Need a really perfect easy browned floor like mine? Minimum oil is the important thing.
I typically oil the pan with avocado oil after which wipe with a paper towel (in order that just a very skinny layer stays), or grease very flippantly with ghee. Against this, a pan with extra oil ends up in extra spotty browning, however your pancakes will nonetheless be scrumptious both method.
- Serve. Upload your favourite toppings (concepts beneath) and experience!
This low carb pancakes recipe makes a lovely respectable sized batch. I finished up with 12 pancakes, each and every about 3 inches in diameter. The volume is highest for having extras available right through the week, feeding a complete circle of relatives, and even freezing.
- Make Forward Batter: You’ll combine the keto pancake batter forward, however as a result of baking powder reacts straight away after which loses effectiveness, it’s highest so as to add it proper prior to cooking.
- Retailer: Stay leftover low carb pancakes within the refrigerator for as much as 5-7 days.
- Reheat: One of the simplest ways to reheat pancakes is to organize them on a baking sheet, slather with a bit of unsalted butter, and warmth within the oven at 350 levels F till heat. (The butter prevents them from drying out.) In case you’re in a hurry, the microwave will paintings, although.
- Freeze: In case you love to meal plan or simply have a very easy keto breakfast able to head, make a double or triple batch to freeze! After making your keto pancake recipe, allow them to cool totally. As soon as cooled, prepare in one layer on a baking sheet and freeze for approximately an hour, till cast. Then, switch them to a freezer bag and stay within the freezer for as much as 3-6 months.
Topping Concepts For Low Carb Pancakes
Now, you’ve gotten a very powerful resolution left to make — what to most sensible your fluffy keto pancakes with? Listed below are some concepts:
- Sugar-Unfastened Syrup – It is going with out announcing you’ll need some sugar-free maple syrup on your keto pancakes. Get my sugar-free maple syrup recipe right here, or pick out up my new keto maple syrup in a pitcher bottle — it’s naturally sweetened and flavored from actual maple. (Even my youngsters and their buddies can’t inform this isn’t actual maple syrup!)
- Butter – A pat of butter is all the time a cast selection for pancakes.
- Sugar-Unfastened Whipped Cream – Really easy to make and tastes like the actual factor!
- Nuts – Maximum nuts are very low in carbs. You’ll chop them up and fold into the batter, or simply sprinkle on most sensible. Get the total keto nuts checklist right here for concepts.
- Berries – Make keto blueberry pancakes by way of folding blueberries into the batter, or most sensible your pancakes with different berries, comparable to strawberries or raspberries. Get the total keto fruit checklist right here.
- Sugar-Unfastened Chocolate Chips – That is my favourite emblem, and it’s to be had in darkish, milk, or white chocolate choices. You’ll fold chocolate chips into the keto pancake combine or simply upload them on the finish.
It doesn’t matter what topping or filling variation of those fluffy low carb pancakes you select, you’ll’t pass incorrect with this recipe.
Get Keto Maple Syrup For Your Keto Pancakes!
Meet Healthy Yum Keto Maple Syrup: this herbal sugar-free syrup tastes, bakes and pours identical to maple syrup does – with NO aftertaste and simplest 2g internet carbs!
Extra Keto Pancake Recipes
Reader Favourite Recipes
The recipe card is beneath! Readers that made this additionally seen those recipes:
Low Carb Keto Pancakes Recipe (Fluffy & Simple!)
Those are the most productive keto pancakes! This straightforward low carb pancake recipe with almond flour and coconut flour is fast, fluffy, and scrumptious, with simply 3g internet carbs.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook dinner: 15 mins
Overall: 20 mins
Servings: 6 (alter to scale recipe)
Faucet at the symbol beneath to look at the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for wholesome recipes weekly! (Click on the bell icon to be notified once I put up a brand new video.)
Faucet underlined components to peer the place to get them. Please flip Safari reader mode OFF to view components.
Faucet at the instances within the directions beneath to begin a kitchen timer whilst you cook dinner.
In a huge bowl, whisk all components in combination, till easy. (Batter must be the consistency of conventional pancake batter. If it is too thick, upload a bit of extra milk. Do not upload an excessive amount of, or the pancakes might be too “rainy”.)
Preheat a flippantly oiled huge non-stick skillet at the range over medium-low to medium warmth. (See notes beneath on oil choices.) Drop the batter onto the new pan and shape into circles. Quilt with a lid (that is essential!) and cook dinner about 1.5-2 mins, till bubbles begin to shape at the edges. Turn and cook dinner, exposed this time, for any other 1.5-2 mins, till browned at the different facet. (I really like this skinny turner for simple flipping.) Repeat with the remainder of the batter.
Serving dimension: 2 3-inch pancakes
- After additional checking out and reader comments, this recipe used to be fairly up to date on March 29, 2018 to make it even higher! Above is the brand new model. The adjustments had been including avocado oil, lowering eggs by way of 1, and lowering almond milk fairly. So now, they’re extra flavorful and no longer egg-y. If you wish to have the previous model, use 6 eggs, 6-8 tbsp almond milk, and disregard the avocado oil. The weblog put up used to be up to date in 2022 to offer further pointers.
- For highest taste, fry the pancakes in ghee (clarified butter). Don’t use butter, as it burns too simply. In a different way, avocado oil is a brilliant oil to make use of with impartial style.
- You’ll want to have blanched, finely flooring almond flour. The pancakes might be gritty in case you use almond meal, flooring almonds, or another kind.
Recipe from The Simple Keto Carboholics’ Cookbook.
Quantity in step with serving. Serving dimension in recipe notes above.
Overall Carbs 6g
Internet Carbs 3g
Vitamin information are supplied as a courtesy. Have questions on calculations or why you were given a distinct outcome? Please see our diet coverage.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Healthy Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or web pages. We’d LOVE so that you can proportion a hyperlink with picture as a substitute. 🙂