If you happen to love turkey meatloaf and enchiladas, you’ll love this Enchilada Turkey Meatloaf, a a laugh twist at the weeknight vintage.
Enchilada Turkey Meatloaf
At my husband’s request, we make turkey meatloaf at house at least one time a month. I really like getting inventive with it as a result of there are lots of techniques to change it up. This wet turkey meatloaf is studded with corn, black beans, and inexperienced chiles and crowned with enchilada sauce, jalapeño, and cheese. Another wholesome meatloaf recipes you’ll love are this Cheese-Filled Turkey Meatloaf or this Sheet Pan Turkey Meatloaf and Broccoli dish.
Binder to carry meatloaf in combination
To stay turkey meatloaf from falling aside, you will have to use sufficient binders to stay it in combination. I take advantage of a half-cup of fast oats and an egg for this recipe. You’ll be able to additionally use breadcrumbs in there position.
What temperature must meatloaf be cooked at?
I prepare dinner turkey meatloaf at 350F levels for 55 to 60 mins. One of the best ways to test that it’s cooked via is with a meat thermometer, which must learn 165 levels.
Aspect dish concepts for turkey meatloaf
Listed here are some Latin-inspired aspect dish concepts to serve with this enchilada meatloaf:
Tips on how to freeze:
Meatloaf lasts within the fridge for three to 4 days and is excellent for freezing. For meal prep, you’ll be able to make two – one to devour for dinner and one to freeze for later. It takes about an identical quantity of time to double the recipe, and the meatloaves can bake in combination.
To freeze, let the meatloaf cool and slice it. Then position the slices in a freezer- secure container with items of parchment paper in between so that they don’t freeze in combination. While you’re able to devour, pull out as many slices as wanted, thaw within the fridge in a single day, and reheat within the microwave.
Enchilada Turkey Meatloaf Diversifications:
- Meat: Switch floor turkey for lean floor pork.
- Enchilada Sauce: Make your enchilada sauce from scratch or purchase it premade to save lots of time. Leftover sauce is scrumptious on chicken-rice bowls, spaghetti squash, and naturally, enchiladas.
- Oats: Use an equivalent quantity of breadcrumbs as an alternative of oats. For an extremely low- carb, grain-free choice, cross with almond meal.
- Beans: Sub pinto beans for black beans or put out of your mind if you happen to’re now not a fan.
- Herbs: If you happen to don’t like cilantro, skip it.
- Spiciness: In case your circle of relatives does now not like highly spiced meals, put out of your mind the jalapeños on best.
Extra Meatloaf Recipes You’ll Love
Enchilada Turkey Meatloaf
If you happen to love turkey meatloaf and enchiladas, you’ll be able to love this Enchilada Turkey Meatloaf, a a laugh twist at the weeknight vintage.
- 1 1/2 kilos 93% floor turkey
- 1/2 cup fast oats, *take a look at lables for gluten unfastened
- 2 tablespoons gentle enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup corn kernels, contemporary or frozen
- 1/4 cup canned reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and tired
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 4 ounce can gentle chopped inexperienced chili, tired smartly
- 1 clove overwhelmed garlic
- 1 huge egg, overwhelmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons floor cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2/3 cup gentle enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup Mexican cheese mix
- 1 jalapeño sliced skinny, non-compulsory
Preheat the oven 350F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In a big bowl mix floor turkey, oats, 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce, scallions, corn, beans, inexperienced chiles, garlic, egg, salt, cumin and onion powder.
Mix the entirety smartly the usage of blank fingers, then form onto the sheet pan into an oval loaf flattened on best so you’ll be able to upload the sauce and cheese later.
Bake 55 to 60 mins, till cooked via.
Take away from oven and best with the remainder enchilada sauce, cheese, and, jalapeño.
Bake till the sauce is heated via and the cheese is melted, about 5 to ten mins. Garnish with cilantro if desired. To serve, switch to a reducing board and slice into 12 slices.
Serve with further sauce if desired.
Serving: 2slices, Energy: 268kcal, Carbohydrates: 12g, Protein: 26g, Fats: 13g, Saturated Fats: 4g, Ldl cholesterol: 121mg, Sodium: 667.5mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g
Key phrases: floor turkey recipes, turkey meatloaf