With a mouth-watering base of peanut noodles, this fast and simple Asian Beef Stir Fry recipe is right here to be your dinnertime BFF. It’s the easiest 30-minute meal for busy weeknights and makes stir fry leftovers you’ll sit up for the following day.
Are you a leftover particular person? As a result of I’m!
Possibly it simply comes with the territory of being a meals blogger, however I can at all times vote for lunch leftovers over a chilly ham and cheese sandwich any day.
This fast and simple red meat stir fry is my newest leftover obsession (as is that this Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe).
It’s simple to pack, will also be reheated in a microwave, and can stay you complete all afternoon.
In recent times, our meal regimen has been to revel in this red meat stir fry with greens on Sunday for dinner (those Stir Fry Noodles have additionally been within the contemporary rotation), then revel in the remaining for for lunches for the primary a part of the week. It’s a nice gadget.
Along with being a leftover satisfaction, this stir fry is a weeknight 30-minute meal winner.
- Frozen veggies stay the prep rapid—hooray for minimum reducing.
- Lean red meat tenderloin chefs temporarily (and is wholesome too).
- The sauce boasts complicated taste from easy components like peanut butter, hoisin sauce, and trusty soy sauce (if you happen to love the combination, don’t leave out the Kung Pao Vegetable Stir Fry in my cookbook).
5 Superstar Assessment
“Absolute best recipe I’ve ever made! My expectancies have been excessive in response to this text, however the taste nonetheless controlled to exceed expectancies!”
— Samantha —
Methods to Make Beef Stir Fry
With smooth red meat (no in a single day marinade required), crisp stir-fried greens, and oodles of noodles bathed in a wealthy, but wholesome, flavor-packed sauce that is one Chinese language red meat stir fry recipe that can have you ever preventing for the leftovers.
(Ease the leftover rigidity with a batch of this Crockpot Cashew Rooster for backup.)
- Beef Tenderloin. This lean lower of red meat is the BEST for stir fry (and Beef Fried Rice). Now not most effective is it low in fats, but it surely chefs temporarily which is at all times an advantage when creating a stir fry recipe.
Don’t overcook your red meat. As a result of red meat tenderloin is so lean it may well additionally simply dry out. Once it’s cooked via, transfer at the side of the recipe.
- Noodles. I revel in the use of whole-wheat spaghetti or linguine for this recipe for the added spice up of B nutrients, fiber, and iron. Then again, conventional rice noodles also are delish. If you’ll be able to to find soba noodles (which might be Jap and made with buckwheat flour) the ones are delicious right here too.
- Hoisin Sauce. This candy, salty, sticky sauce is a staple in Chinese language and Cantonese cooking and provides instant wealthy taste (see this Pork Lo Mein recipe). Very similar to American fish fry sauce, it may be discovered within the Asian meals segment of maximum grocery shops.
- Soy Sauce. Lends this dish some crucial umami taste. To keep an eye on the seasoning, I take advantage of low-sodium soy sauce and season with additional salt, to style.
- Rice Vinegar. Balances the wonder of the hoisin and peanut butter and brings some added acidity. (It’s additionally key to best possible the flavour of this Basic Tso Rooster recipe.)
- Peanut Butter. Except I’m baking the place stabilization is vital, I favor to make use of herbal peanut butter, which accommodates most effective peanuts and salt, versus the hydrogenated oils and/or added sweeteners discovered in lots of merchandise, together with ones that tout themselves as “herbal”—take a look at your component label.
- Garlic + Ginger. Upload some zip, zing, and unique Asian taste.
- Frozen Greens. Maximize diet and reduce reducing. Hallelujah!
- Edamame. Little, however mighty, edamame is considered one of my favourite tactics to spice up diet in Asian recipes (like this Simple Peanut Rooster) because of its wholesome fiber, good-for-you antioxidants, and nutrition Okay.
- Inexperienced Onions + Cilantro. For a of entirety of colour and contemporary herb and onion taste.
- Peanuts. Upload very good crunch and praise the peanutty taste of the easy stir fry sauce. (I additionally love the feel peanuts upload to those Asian Rooster Wraps.)
- Purple Pepper Flakes. For just a bit kick.
- Combine up the sauce.
- Cook dinner the red meat in a wok or skillet. Put aside. Cook dinner the pasta.
- Stir fry the frozen greens and edamame, then take away to the similar bowl with the red meat.
- Upload the sauce aggregate to the empty wok then toss within the cooked noodles, red meat, greens, and ultimate components. Garnish with further chopped peanuts and contemporary cilantro and serve. ENJOY!
Sluggish Cooker Beef Stir Fry
For a very easy sluggish cooker red meat stir fry:
- Position the red meat tenderloin within the backside of a 4-to-6-quart sluggish cooker with the sauce aggregate.
- Duvet and prepare dinner on LOW for two to three hours (red meat tenderloin has a tendency to fast temporarily as a result of it’s lean so don’t overcook), till cooked via.
- Take away the red meat to a big plate, booking the cooking liquid. Let leisure for 10 mins, then shred with two forks or your arms.
- End the recipe as directed (beginning in step 3), the use of the reserved cooking liquid from the sluggish cooker as your sauce in step 5.
- To Retailer. Leftover red meat stir fry is also stored within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- To Reheat. Heat leftover red meat stir fry in a wok or skillet over medium warmth till heated via. Then again, you may additionally microwave, in a microwave-safe container, till steaming.
- To Freeze. Beef stir fry is also saved within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Thaw in a single day within the refrigerator prior to reheating.
Observe freezing stir fry is ceaselessly an experiment relying at the greens used. For easiest effects, keep on with company, crisp veggies if you happen to plan to freeze versus greens with a excessive water content material (e.g. zucchini or cabbage).
Beneficial Gear to Make this Recipe
- Glass Measuring Cup. Makes whisking in combination and pouring the delectable sauce simple peasy.
- Wok. When you revel in making stir fries steadily making an investment in a wok is a worthy funding.
- Skillet. No wok? No downside. A big skillet with deep facets additionally works completely for stir fry recipes of a wide variety.
The Absolute best Wok
This 14″ carbon metal wok is large sufficient for all your circle of relatives, comes pre-seasoned at excessive temperature, and has a comfortable grip take care of too.
If you wish to have me, I’ll be hiding within the nook with my secret container of leftover red meat stir fry with noodles.
Steadily Requested Questions
I’ve no longer attempted making this recipe with different cuts of red meat so it could be an experiment. I feel you’ll want to cube boneless red meat chops, however the meat would prove extra difficult. If you make a decision to experiment, I’d love to listen to the way it is going.
I’ve no longer attempted marinating the red meat for this recipe. Then again, I’m positive it could be a very good method to accentuate the good flavors of this dish. I’d double the sauce and use part to marinate the red meat in a single day within the refrigerator after which use the opposite part to arrange the dish as directed within the recipe.
Sure! With the exception of sodium content material (which will also be mitigated by means of choosing low-sodium sauces) stir fry is a wonderful wholesome dish filled with fiber, protein, and diet when made with lean meat and TONS of vitamin-rich greens.
- 5 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce divided
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce divided*
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter divided
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 pound red meat tenderloin lower into 3/4-inch cubes and trimmed of extra fats
- 2 tablespoons canola or grapeseed oil divided
- 8 oz whole-grain pasta noodles or rice noodles
- 32 oz frozen stir fry greens thawed and tired (or chopped contemporary greens)
- 1 cup shelled edamame contemporary or frozen thawed
- 1 cup sliced inexperienced onions white and inexperienced portions
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts (unsalted) chopped, plus further for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped contemporary cilantro, plus further for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon crimson pepper flakes not obligatory, if you happen to like slightly warmth
In a roomy liquid measuring cup or small bowl, stir in combination 4 tablespoons soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin, peanut butter, ginger, and garlic. Stay close to the range.
In a big, deep skillet or wok, warmth 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high to excessive warmth. As soon as the oil is scorching and shimmering, upload the red meat. Cook dinner 3 mins on both sides, then upload 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce and stir to mix. Proceed cooking till the red meat is browned on both sides and cooked via, about 2 mins extra. Switch to a big bowl or plate.
In the meantime, deliver a big pot of salted water to a boil and prepare dinner the noodles till al dente, in keeping with package deal instructions. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid, then drain and put aside.
Go back the now-empty skillet to the range over medium-high warmth. Upload the remainder 1 tablespoon oil. Upload the stir fry greens and edamame, and prepare dinner till scorching and reasonably crisp, about 7 mins (word that frozen greens gained’t be crisp-tender the way in which contemporary ones are however they’ll nonetheless be yummy). Take away to the similar bowl with the red meat.
Cut back the skillet warmth to medium and upload the soy sauce aggregate. Whisk and prepare dinner for 1 minute. Upload the cooked noodles, reserved red meat and greens, inexperienced onions, peanuts, cilantro, and crimson pepper flakes (if the use of). With tongs, toss to mix and calmly coat the entire components. If the combination turns out too thick, upload slightly little bit of reserved pasta water as had to loosen it. Season to style. Serve crowned with further chopped peanuts and contemporary cilantro.
- TO STORE: Leftover red meat stir fry is also stored within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- TO FREEZE: Beef stir fry is also saved within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Thaw in a single day within the refrigerator prior to reheating. Observe freezing stir fry is ceaselessly an experiment relying at the greens used. For easiest effects, keep on with company, crisp veggies if you happen to plan to freeze versus greens with a excessive water content material (e.g. zucchini or cabbage).
- TO REHEAT: Heat leftover red meat stir fry in a wok or skillet over medium warmth till heated via. Then again, you may additionally microwave, in a microwave-safe container, till steaming.
- SLOW COOKER: Position the red meat tenderloin within the backside of a 4-to-6-quart sluggish cooker with the sauce aggregate. Duvet and prepare dinner on LOW for two to three hours (red meat tenderloin has a tendency to fast temporarily as a result of it’s lean so don’t overcook), till cooked via. Take away the red meat to a big plate, booking the cooking liquid. Let leisure for 10 mins, then shred with two forks or your arms. End the recipe as directed (beginning in step 3), the use of the reserved cooking liquid from the sluggish cooker as your sauce in step 5.
Serving: 1(of 6)Energy: 548kcalCarbohydrates: 62gProtein: 35gFats: 21gSaturated Fats: 3gPolyunsaturated Fats: 6gMonounsaturated Fats: 10gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 49mgPotassium: 1043mgFiber: 10gSugar: 5gDiet A: 7941IUDiet C: 21mgCalcium: 105mgIron: 5mg
Sign up for lately and get started saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.