This submit might include associate hyperlinks, which assist stay this content material unfastened. (Complete disclosure)
This low carb keto cheesecake recipe is by way of a ways the preferred keto dessert on Healthy Yum — and with excellent explanation why: it tastes identical to the true factor! Whether or not you wish to have a sugar-free cheesecake for a keto nutrition, for diabetic pals or circle of relatives, or just wish to scale back sugar for your lifestyles, this recipe will have compatibility the invoice. It’s simply as wealthy, candy, and scrumptious as its sugar- and gluten-filled opposite numbers.
This recipe additionally holds a unique position in my center, as a result of growing it was once a turning level for my site. No longer simplest did it coincide with a brand new redesign of each the web site and its images, however it was once after I outlined the weblog’s theme of low carb recipes with 10 substances or much less. I went from aimlessly opting for recipes and taking horrible footage, to specializing in my readers and making YOU my best precedence.
Since I do know lots of you’re all about fast and easy low carb recipes, that’s what I really like making, too. And I’m in order that grateful you’re right here! What higher option to thanks than with a gluten-free sugar-free cheesecake recipe? 😉
This simple keto cheesecake recipe has been so well-liked through the years that I integrated it in my Simple Keto Cookbook, which is a difficult quilt full of 100 simple keto recipes, all with 10 substances or much less. The substances I exploit for sugar-free cheesecake have additionally advanced through the years. I now use and extremely counsel Besti sweetener for the crust and filling. It tastes and bakes like sugar, with 0 web carbs, but additionally, in contrast to different sweeteners, it dissolves smartly and doesn’t crystallize, so your filling will likely be silky clean.
Why You’ll Love This Keto Cheesecake Recipe
- Buttery shortbread-like almond flour cheesecake crust
- Dreamy, clean, creamy, and moderately dense filling
- Simple to make with fast prep
- Most effective 8 substances
- Simply 5 grams web carbs consistent with slice
- Low carb, sugar-free, and gluten-free
- Tastes identical to the true factor — your family and friends won’t ever realize it’s a sugar-free cheesecake!
- Masses of 5-star opinions
Keto Cheesecake Components
This phase explains how to make a choice the most productive elementary keto cheesecake substances, what every one does within the recipe, and substitution choices. For measurements, see the recipe card beneath.
You simplest want 8 substances for this low carb cheesecake recipe — and they’re all beautiful easy. I used an almond flour cheesecake crust, however there are any other choices beneath.
For The Almond Flour Cheesecake Crust:
- Almond Flour – I extremely counsel the usage of Healthy Yum Blanched Almond Flour right here (and in different keto baked items). Other manufacturers of almond flour range of their consistency and moisture stage, which is able to impact the outcome. That’s why I advanced this almond flour after years of low carb baking — it has the best consistency available in the market, which will provide you with that shortbread texture you wish to have. Keep away from almond meal, which will likely be gritty.
- Butter – Is helping the crust keep in combination and imparts a buttery taste. Be sure that it’s unsalted, although you’ll upload a pinch of salt to the crust if you wish to for steadiness.
- Granulated Sweetener – That is most probably the number 1 query I am getting. Can I make it with stevia? Granulated erythritol? Monk fruit? Sucralose? One thing else? Right here’s what you want to grasp:
- My best advice for the crust is Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Mix. It tastes identical to sugar, without a aftertaste or cooling impact, and makes for a extra buttery crust texture in comparison to different sweeteners.
- Different sweeteners will paintings if that’s what you might have. In contrast to the filling, the almond flour cheesecake crust recipe isn’t very finicky and also will paintings the usage of erythritol, xylitol, or an erythritol mix (maximum manufacturers of monk fruit or stevia are in truth mixed with erythritol). Test the conversion calculator in my keto sweetener information for quantities to make use of if you select one thing rather than Besti.
- Powdered sweetener could also be superb for the crust, in the event you simply wish to purchase fewer merchandise, however another way it has no merit for the crust.
- Don’t use liquid or concentrated sweeteners (like natural stevia or natural monk fruit). Each will make the crust too runny.
- Vanilla Extract – No longer strictly required, however extremely advisable. I love this vanilla extract emblem, which is superb high quality and has 0 sugar.
Low Carb Cheesecake Crust Diversifications
The fundamental low carb cheesecake crust calls for simply the 4 substances above, however you might have a couple of choices if you wish to alternate the crust:
- Coconut flour cheesecake crust – If you want a nut-free choice, you’ll use coconut flour as an alternative of almond flour, however it’s no longer a 1:1 alternative. To make use of coconut flour, make the crust in the similar ratios as my recipe for cheesecake cupcakes, after which simply press it into the springform pan as an alternative of cupcakes. After that, you’ll practice the recipe beneath as same old.
- Low carb crustless cheesecake – Be happy to skip the crust altogether! Simply pour the filling immediately into the pan and bake as same old. Be sure you line the pan with parchment paper to forestall sticking.
- Change different nut flours – For the most productive texture for your keto cheesecake crust, I like to recommend leaving one of the most blanched almond flour within the crust, however you’ll exchange 1/4 to at least one/2 of that with floor macadamia nuts or pecans in the event you like.
- Substitutes for butter – I favor the flavour and consistency of sugar-free cheesecake crust with butter, however unrefined coconut oil or ghee would additionally paintings superb as an alternative. I don’t counsel the usage of oils which are liquid at room temperature, comparable to olive or avocado oil.
For The Sugar-Unfastened Cheesecake Filling:
- Cream Cheese – Use undeniable, full-fat cream cheese for the most productive taste, texture, and keto macros. Then again, from a recipe point of view, low-fat or neufchatel cream cheese would paintings superb. (You’ll examine different cream cheese substitutes on my cream cheese recipes web page.) It’s additionally essential that you just use softened cream cheese (at room temperature), another way your filling may have little chunks of cream cheese as an alternative of a clean batter.
- Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Mix – For the filling, powdered sweetener is a will have to; don’t use granulated, liquid, or tremendous concentrated variations. The sweetener supplies some bulk within the sugar-free cheesecake, and the powdered consistency is needed in order that the outcome isn’t grainy. Maximum manufacturers of cup-for-cup-like-sugar powdered sweeteners paintings k, however I extremely counsel the usage of Besti Powdered if you’ll, as it creates the creamiest texture. I’ve unquestionably spotted a distinction in how clean it’s when the usage of Besti, in comparison to the opposite manufacturers I used to make use of for this recipe.
- Eggs – Those assist the cheesecake arrange and in addition give it a creamy texture. Sorry, there is not any substitution for them. If you’ll’t have eggs, make my keto no bake cheesecake as an alternative.
- Lemon Juice – Is helping convey out the beauty and taste. It’s no longer sufficient to make the sugar-free cheesecake lemony, so don’t concern about that in the event you’re no longer keen on lemon — you’ll nonetheless wish to come with the lemon juice within the filling.
- Vanilla Extract – Use the similar one you used for the crust.
VARIATION: Upload bitter cream!
If you wish to have a richer, creamier New York taste low carb cheesecake, upload 1/4 cup of bitter cream proper prior to you beat within the eggs.
How To Make Keto Cheesecake
This phase displays methods to make sugar-free cheesecake, with step by step footage and information about the method. For complete directions, see the recipe card beneath.
For essentially the most phase, the process is similar to a typical cheesecake, so the outcome tastes original. If we wish to make our keto cheesecake style like the true factor, we’re going to make it the usage of the similar manner as the true factor!
Make The Crust
- Preheat. Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line the ground of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Combine dry substances. In a medium to very large blending bowl, stir the almond flour, melted butter, Besti, and vanilla extract, till smartly blended. The dough will likely be moderately crumbly.
- Switch to pan. Press the dough into the ground of the ready pan.
- Bake. Bake the almond flour cheesecake crust for roughly 10 mins, till slightly golden.
- Cool. Set the crust apart to chill for a minimum of 10 mins. (In the meantime, you’ll make the filling.)
Make The Filling
- Beat cream cheese and Besti. The usage of an electrical hand mixer or stand mixer, at medium pace, beat the cream cheese and powdered Besti, till fluffy.
- Upload eggs. Beat within the eggs, one after the other.
- Upload lemon juice and vanilla. Beat within the lemon juice and vanilla on the finish.
TIP: Stay the mixer at medium pace the entire time.
Too-high pace will introduce too many air bubbles, which we don’t need.
Compile & Bake
- Upload the filling to the crust. Pour the filling combination into the pan over the crust. Easy the highest with a spatula (use a pastry spatula for a smoother best in case you have one).
TIP: Faucet the pan at the counter to take away air bubbles.
This isn’t required, but when you wish to have a denser end result with out air wallet, this may assist unencumber some bubbles.
- Bake. Position the keto cheesecake within the oven for roughly 40-55 mins. (In case you are involved in cracking, see troubleshooting guidelines beneath!)
TIP: Cheesecake is completed when the middle is nearly set, however nonetheless jiggly.
It’s going to set extra because it cools at the counter after which within the refrigerator in a single day.
- Cool. Take away the cake from the oven. If the perimeters are caught to the pan, run a knife across the edge (don’t take away the springform edge but). Cool within the pan at the counter to room temperature.
- Relax. Duvet the sugar-free cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours (ideally in a single day), till utterly set. (Don’t check out to take away the cake from the pan or slice prior to chilling.)
Troubleshooting Sugar-Unfastened Cheesecake
We have now loads of opinions and I haven’t heard too many experiences of issues of this low carb cheesecake. Nonetheless, I wish to make to handle the commonest problems I do see:
- Cracking – Maximum steadily, that is brought about by way of surprising temperature adjustments. Be sure that the cheesecake cools at the counter prior to refrigerating. Mine doesn’t most often crack, however if you wish to be at the secure facet, you’ll bake the cheesecake in a water bathtub. Line the outdoor of the pan with foil to stay moisture out, pour a bit of water into a larger pan, and position the foil coated cheesecake pan inside of. Then bake. I most often skip this step for comfort, however you’ll check out it in case you have issues of cracking. Worst case, in the event you do have cracks, upload some berry or caramel topping to cover them.
- Gritty Filling – It will occur in the event you use the improper sweetener. Use Besti Powdered for clean effects.
- Runny Filling – Underneath baking the cheesecake can go away the filling runny, however extra steadily than no longer, other people reporting this have ignored the step of cooling and chilling. That is required to totally set the filling.
- Dry or Crumbly Filling – This can be a results of overcooking the cheesecake (and will also be one more reason for cracks). Have in mind to take away the cheesecake from the oven when it’s nonetheless jiggly, no longer totally set. When cooked correctly, it must set simplest after cooling and chilling.
Can You Make Low Carb Cheesecake In A Muffin Tin?
Sure, be at liberty to make this as sugar-free cheesecake into cupcakes, in the event you’d like. You’ll both practice my cheesecake cupcakes recipe, or practice this one however make it in a muffin tin (you should definitely line it).
The cook dinner time will likely be considerably diminished if making cupcakes; it must take roughly 15-20 mins.
I even have a caramel sugar-free cheesecake recipe made into cupcakes in my 2d e-book, The Simple Keto Carboholics’ Cookbook.
Is Cheesecake Keto?
No, vintage cheesecake isn’t keto pleasant. However it’s simple to make this low carb cheesecake recipe that is keto!
How Many Carbs in Cheesecake?
Common cheesecake could be very excessive in carbs — most often 32 grams or extra consistent with slice — because of all of the sugar. By contrast, this low carb cheesecake has simply 6 grams general carbs, 5 grams web carbs, and a pair of grams of sugar consistent with slice.
Bear in mind that many on-line calculators get the vitamin knowledge improper for this keto cheesecake. There are 2 causes for this:
- Maximum on-line calculators don’t acknowledge that erythritol or allulose will also be excluded from carb rely. It’s because it’s poorly metabolized. This truly provides up! A make a selection few other people do nonetheless rely those sweeteners in general carb rely, however it’s at all times excluded from web carbs. You’ll learn extra about this in my keto sweetener information right here.
- Rounding mistakes are commonplace for cream cheese. Maximum vitamin labels, together with merchandise on the retailer, spherical up or right down to the closest complete quantity of carbs, however the serving is simplest an oz. Since this sugar-free cheesecake recipe requires 32 oz of cream cheese, rounding up provides as much as a large distinction! The vitamin knowledge at the recipe card makes use of the precise carb rely immediately from the USDA Nationwide Nutrient Database, which is maximum correct. If you wish to see the ones values for all low carb meals, and spot the values used to calculate my vitamin labels, you’ll to find the entire low carb & keto meals checklist right here or to find them within the Healthy Yum App on iPhone or Android.
So, in case you are the usage of a monitoring calculator on your macros, I like to recommend getting into this sugar-free cheesecake as a customized merchandise and you’ll use the values at the recipe card.
Identical to (virtually) some other cheesecake recipe, you’ll make this one forward.
- Retailer: After the preliminary chilling time, you’ll stay your keto-friendly cheesecake within the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Freeze: For absolute best effects, position the chilled cheesecake into the freezer, exposed, on a parchment coated baking sheet for a number of hours, till cast. (I favor doing it this manner in order that you don’t weigh down it whilst wrapping.) As soon as cast, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, adopted by way of a layer of aluminum foil, after which position again into the freezer. In the event you favor, you’ll freeze person slices as an alternative, however identical to an entire cake, they’re nonetheless more uncomplicated to wrap after freezing cast first.
- Thaw: You’ll thaw sugar-free cheesecake within the refrigerator in a single day, or at the counter for 2-4 hours. For absolute best effects, take away the foil prior to thawing, however it’s superb to go away the plastic on.
This vintage cheesecake is scrumptious undeniable, however beneath are some concepts for toppings if you wish to have them. What do you love to best your low carb cheesecake with?
Extra Keto Cheesecake Recipes
I exploit this recipe as a base for all my different sugar-free cheesecake recipes! After you’ve attempted the vintage model, beneath are any other permutations you’ll make. You’ll additionally to find extra keto dessert recipes right here.
Reader Favourite Recipes
The recipe card is beneath! Readers that made this additionally seen those recipes:
This reader favourite recipe is integrated in The Healthy Yum Simple Keto Cookbook! Order your reproduction to get 100 simple keto recipes in a good looking print hardcover e-book, together with 80 unique recipes no longer discovered any place else (no longer even this weblog!), my whole fathead dough information, the primer for beginning keto, and a lot more.
Keto Cheesecake Recipe (Low Carb Sugar-Unfastened Cheesecake)
A gluten-free, keto cheesecake recipe that is EASY to make with simplest 8 substances and 10 mins prep time. This low carb sugar-free cheesecake tastes identical to the true factor!
Prep: 10 mins
Prepare dinner: 1 hour
General: 1 hour 10 mins
Servings: 16 (regulate to scale recipe)
Faucet at the symbol beneath to look at the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for wholesome recipes weekly! (Click on the bell icon to be notified after I submit a brand new video.)
Faucet underlined substances to look the place to get them. Please flip Safari reader mode OFF to view substances.
Almond Flour Cheesecake Crust
Faucet at the occasions within the directions beneath to begin a kitchen timer when you cook dinner.
Almond Flour Cheesecake Crust:
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F (177 levels C). Line a 9-inch (23-cm) springform pan with parchment paper.
To make the almond flour cheesecake crust, stir the almond flour, melted butter, Besti, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl, till smartly blended. The dough will likely be moderately crumbly.
Press the dough into the ground of the ready pan. Bake for roughly 10-12 mins, till slightly golden. Let cool a minimum of 10 mins.
Keto Cheesecake Filling:
In the meantime, beat the cream cheese and powdered sweetener in combination at low to medium pace till fluffy.
Beat within the eggs, one after the other.
Beat within the lemon juice and vanilla extract. (Stay the mixer at low to medium the entire time; too excessive pace will introduce too many air bubbles, which we are not looking for.)
Pour the filling into the pan over the crust. Easy the highest with a spatula (use an icing spatula for a smoother best in case you have one). If you wish to be certain no air bubbles, faucet the pan at the counter a number of occasions.
Bake for roughly 40-55 mins, till the middle is nearly set, however nonetheless jiggly.
Take away the cheesecake from the oven. If the perimeters are caught to the pan, run a knife across the edge (do not take away the springform edge but). Cool within the pan at the counter to room temperature, then refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours (ideally in a single day), till utterly set. (Don’t check out to take away the cake from the pan prior to chilling.)
Serving measurement: 1 slice (1/16 of recipe)
Recipe from The Simple Keto Cookbook. Not obligatory raspberry sauce could also be in there.
Quantity consistent with serving. Serving measurement in recipe notes above.
General Carbs 6g
Internet Carbs 5g
Vitamin details are supplied as a courtesy. Have questions on calculations or why you were given a unique end result? Please see our vitamin coverage.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Healthy Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or web sites. We’d LOVE so that you can proportion a hyperlink with picture as an alternative. 🙂