Are lunches a drag in recent years? Make this Rooster Caesar Wrap!
Chunks of juicy hen, crisp romaine, a variety of creamy Caesar Dressing, and sun-dried tomatoes all wrapped up in a fluffy tortilla, it’s going to breathe new lifestyles into your mid-day meal.
Whilst I do a tight process making plans our dinners, lunch is going one thing like this: open refrigerator. Dig round in refrigerator. Sigh and consume the similar meal I’ve had for the ultimate month instantly.
This hen Caesar wrap has made me look ahead to lunch once more!
It’s onerous to argue with Caesar magic.
Learn how to Make Rooster Caesar Wraps
Rooster Caesar wraps are well-liked at eating places and fast-food chains.
Up to I revel in them, I hardly organize them.
Maximum hen Caesar wraps don’t seem to be just right for you, as a result of the entirety from the dressing to the wrap or tortilla is loaded with extra energy that provide little dietary get advantages.
When you’re making Caesar wraps at house, then again, they are able to completely be just right for you!
This wholesome hen Caesar wrap recipe makes use of easy swaps, comparable to:
- Greek yogurt-based dressing.
- Entire wheat wrap (and/or a low carb wrap if this is vital to you).
- A extra average quantity of Parmesan cheese.
- Solar-dried tomatoes supply vibrancy and brilliant taste, with out the want to drown the wraps in extra dressing.
- Rooster. Comfortable, tasty shredded or diced hen items are the easiest addition to those simple wraps. Due to lean protein, the hen is helping make the wraps extra filling and provides superb taste.
Reduce this recipe time even additional by means of swapping in precooked hen, made with this kind of simple strategies (and even shop received rotisserie hen):
- Romaine. Crisp, refreshing, and a vintage in Caesar recipes. It’s additionally filled with nutrients and calcium.
- Caesar Dressing. My do-it-yourself Caesar Dressing is a lightened-up model that doesn’t skimp on any of the cherished creaminess or garlicky and tangy flavors. Now a days, there also are various wholesome store-bought choices. Search for ones within the refrigerated segment which might be made with Greek yogurt.
- Worcestershire. Provides impossible to resist umami taste and complexity to the dressing.
- Solar-Dried Tomatoes. Solar-dried tomatoes pack a punch of scrumptious, candy, tart taste.
- Parmesan. Vital in all Caesar recipes. The Parmesan provides a salty, tacky part that enhances the dressing completely.
- Stir the Caesar dressing and Worcestershire in combination. Toss within the hen, romaine, tomatoes, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Bring together every wrap by means of piling the filling right into a wrap of your selection. DIG IN!
Stay Your Wrap from Getting Soggy
Rooster Caesar wraps gets soggy after quite a lot of hours. To forestall this:
- Wait to Bring together. Wait to gather your wraps till simply earlier than serving. This will likely stay the wrap from changing into soggy because it sits within the fridge.
- Wrap the Wrap. Wrapping your wrap in parchment paper or aluminum foil will lend a hand dangle its form and stay moisture out.
- Use a Hearty Wrap. Flour tortillas might grow to be soggy extra temporarily than pita or Selfmade Naan (for much more soggy resistance, toast the naan or pita first). If you recognize your wrap goes to be sitting for awhile, make a selection a wrap that may face up to some moisture with out getting soggy.
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftover filling in an hermetic garage container for as much as 2 days.
Meal Prep Tip
As much as 3 days upfront, get ready the hen and Caesar dressing (if making do-it-yourself). Refrigerate one at a time in hermetic garage bins.
Really useful Equipment to Make this Recipe
Stackable Blending Bowls
Secure to make use of within the dishwasher, fridge, and microwave, this set of blending bowls has unending makes use of.
Rooster Caesar wrap, on the subject of making lunch thrilling and wholesome, you rule.
Incessantly Requested Questions
Should you’re now not partial to Caesar dressing or wish to shake issues up, you’ll be able to switch the dressing for any other you favor. I believe the Italian French dressing dressing from my Italian Farro Salad or yogurt ranch dressing from my BLT Pasta Salad can be tasty choices.
Whilst I really like this recipe as written, you’ll be able to switch the hen for any other protein of your selection. I believe a turkey Caesar wrap, Blackened Salmon Caesar wrap, or Air Fryer Shrimp Caesar wrap can be delicious.
For an extremely low carb hen Caesar wrap, be sure to’re the usage of a wrap this is low in carbs. Check out to choose a low carb wrap possibility out of your grocery shop, or tuck your Caesar filling right into a lettuce wrap as a substitute.
- 1/2 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes or oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup do-it-yourself Caesar dressing or Caesar dressing of selection, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce non-compulsory for a extra intense taste
- 2 1/2 cups cooked diced or shredded hen breast* about 2 medium breasts; see notes
- 1 romaine lettuce middle chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (no inexperienced can please!)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon floor black pepper
- 4 entire wheat wraps or flatbreads comparable to pita, naan, or tortillas
If the usage of dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, position them in a small bowl and canopy with sizzling water to rehydrate. Let take a seat for a couple of mins when you get ready the remainder of the elements, then drain. If the usage of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, merely pat them dry.
Position the Caesar dressing in a medium bowl. Stir along with 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce. Upload the hen, romaine, sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan, salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat within the dressing.
For every hen Caesar wrap, lay your wrap down on a piece floor. Pile every wrap with 1/4 of the hen Caesar filling. Roll snugly, tucking in two opposing aspects to stay the filling from falling out. If desired, slice in part. Revel in right away or wrap in foil, parchment paper, or plastic wrap and refrigerate for as much as 4 hours.
Serving: 1(of four), with out wrapEnergy: 337kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 28gFats: 20gSaturated Fats: 5gPolyunsaturated Fats: 8gMonounsaturated Fats: 6gLdl cholesterol: 81mgPotassium: 879mgFiber: 3gSugar: 7gNutrition A: 6508IUNutrition C: 9mgCalcium: 153mgIron: 3mg
Sign up for lately and get started saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.